Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ready or not, here come the bride and groom!

So it's official, my brother and his beautiful bride are off the market. Well, I suppose they have been off the market for a while now, but the priest has signed it in ink. I don't know where to begin. It was a fun couple of days helping Katie and Jason prepare and get all the last minute things together. Josh helped Jason get the rehearsal tied up and I helped Katie with the reception hall. The rehearsal was a lot of fun, and the dinner was even better. Katie's Aunt Sue hosted dinner at her house and there were easily 30 people there. I was so proud the way my brother worked to get all that put together on his own, it was simply great. Saturday morning, Katie and I with our moms, her sister, and cousin Maggie put the finishing touches on the reception hall. It was great when we left there, but that night it was so beautiful. The day of the wedding called for rain all day and as we awoke to the day, sunshine everywhere. We were even able to get pictures outside before the ceremony. I can't wait to see the professional shots, but I will add some of those that I was able to snag during the events! Their ceremony was full of tears for me as I watched my big little brother take such a big life step. I cried more at his wedding than my own because I didn't have anything to be stressed out about. It was a 45 minute ceremony and a Catholic Jesuit her father has known for years flew in from D.C. to officiate the wedding. He had the most beautiful homily for my brother and her. Katie was so stunning up on the alter with my handsome brother. Can I mention how easy it was to help this bride get ready. She wouldn't certainly flunk off the show bridezilla. She was cool as a carrot (I don't like cucumbers) and had nothing negative to say about the whole day. I should at this point let everyone know that I did almost have to harm the lady at the Clinique counter where we all had our make-up done, but the crisis was avoided (no thanks to the sales lady). On to the reception. Can I just talk about the food for a minute.....amazing, delicious, and the wedding party got to eat first! It was awesome. Their DJ was great, I don't know who he was, but with the drinks and the DJ at full throttle, we all had a blast. At the end of the night my brother and Katie headed to the airport and to Mexico the next morning. I hope they are having the time of their life and enjoying the first days of their marriage. They are the most fun, fun-loving couple to be around and I wish them love and luck getting through the adventure of life with each other. Here are some candid moments from the weekend. I hope you enjoy!
The future bride and groom opening one of their gifts from Josh and I. I think they liked their new drinking cups.
My brother and I celebrating the new cups. He had the pimp cup and he was letting everyone know that that made me 'da ho.
Mel in make up and hair before we assmebled the dresses at Katie's parent's house.
The bride on her way to get into her gown!
The beautiful bride sipping some wine before the big ceremony! She was stunning.

No comments: