Monday, March 16, 2009

New Office and other business

Okay, this update may be a little lengthy. Lots of business to discuss and exciting news on the baby front! I finished moving all the smaller last minute items into the office today and hung pictures and such. That means that the nursery to be is sitting empty minus the hutch from the desk that we can no longer use. Josh and I are going to look at fixtures for the nursery this weekend. We need to decide what type of ceiling fan and other materials we will need for this ginormous project. Josh also managed to get the new shelves up in the living room last night and they look fantastic!! The weather here today was beautiful and I also managed to spend some time outside that was very enjoyable. On the subject of beautiful things....I went for my 12 week prenatal visit today. That means that we have officially made it to the second trimester!!!! We are both hoping for more energy to come. All in all...things checked out wonderfully. All the pending lab work was negative for any "badness" and there was success in hearing the heartbeat. I have decided today that hearing the heartbeat of a healthy fetus makes the world a better place. The next visit will be in four weeks and we are hoping for some weight gain then! Well, this post was shorter than I expected and I hope you find it to be sweet. Enjoy the pictures.



This office is much more spacious that the last...that just mean more room to clean!







Josh picked out the wood for these shelves and stained them himself. He also picked out the hanging hardware for one of my Christmas gifts. He spent a lot of time on these and bought natural wood frames to contrast the stain. He did a wonderful job!

2 comments:

Jan said...

It looks wonderful. I'm glad your appointment went well.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. You two are doing a great job. Keep up the hard work Josh and the light work Mel.