Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4D

Hello All,
For those patient followers, there is going to be a VERY special treat at the end of this blog entry. Josh and I have barely recovered from our most recent trip home, and we will be getting back to the grind tomorrow. We both went home for the family shower for Henri and Emma. It was great to be home and see everyone and I had a wonderful time at the shower. A big shout out to my mom and dad who really put together a beautiful shower. Speaking of beautiful.....my mom and dad celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary on Sunday. That same day Josh and I took our parents and siblings to a place called BecomingMom. It was a chance for everyone to experience an ultrasound with Henri. Henri was exceptionally active and really gave everyone a show. He yawned very big during the exam and did plenty of moving!! I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I also got to see the 4D ultrasound of Emma while I was home and it makes me even more excited to really see her once she gets here. Another shout out is in order. My brother and sister-in-law are two of the most gracious people. They have shared the "pregnancy spotlight" with Josh and I with grace and understanding and we are so thankful for that. Henri will turn 28 weeks this Thursday and seems to be growing beautifully. The next big hurdle will be the glucose tolerance test and it will come in a week and a half! We hope this entry finds everyone well and looking forward to celebrating the July 4th weekend! Hope you really enjoy these 4D photos of Henri!

This was one of the first 4D images we captured of Henri. The view is of the left side of his face as he is nuzzled into his placenta.

Another great view of his face from a greater distance. His eyes are shut and his left arm is out across his belly.

As I said, He was very active during this ultrasound. Here he is contemplating life already. His left hand is up under his chin as if to say "What in the world are you all staring at me like this for?" The black spot on his head is just shadowing from placement of the probe.

2 comments:

Jan said...

He is one beautiful boy!

Shannon said...

I cannot believe these photos. It is like he is right there!! How exciting!! I miss you

Love you,
Shan