I'm going to try and get a quick note in while Josh is getting some much needed sleep. First......we have done it...through no great surprise from the Almighty, we have done it. God has gotten me through things in the past two weeks that I conceived were completely impossible. Second....my husband. Girls like me must arbitrarily fall into the laps of men like my husband more often than not, but he has been so amazing getting not only me, but his son through the past week. I have told him several times that it just would never have worked with anyone else, and it's the truth.....I love that man more every day. He is such a natural with our son, and makes me appreciate so much more the impact he will have on Henri's life. I love you so much Josh. Third...the new man of my life...what do you say? You can't say anything most of the time. You just observe....quietly....and in those moments you realize what God must feel about you. You realize that you have been given a privilege in life that some people for whatever horrible reason don't get to experience. You realize in those moments that creating a child and being his parent is so far beyond what you can take credit for. I just got off the phone with the special care nursery, and Henri had a great night. He has tolerated advancing his feeds, and has actually taken the last three feeds mostly by mouth. He is still under the bili lights (picture to come soon) and working on his growing. Occupational therapy is working with him, and we are able to do kangaroo care at least once a day with him now, sometimes twice. Thank you to everyone for all your support and prayers, it's going to get all three of us through this.
Below is a glimpse into the privileged life that Josh and I have being parents...enjoy!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Amazing Men in my life.
I'm going to try and get a quick note in while Josh is getting some much needed sleep. First......we have done it...through no great surprise from the Almighty, we have done it. God has gotten me through things in the past two weeks that I conceived were completely impossible. Second....my husband. Girls like me must arbitrarily fall into the laps of men like my husband more often than not, but he has been so amazing getting not only me, but his son through the past week. I have told him several times that it just would never have worked with anyone else, and it's the truth.....I love that man more every day. He is such a natural with our son, and makes me appreciate so much more the impact he will have on Henri's life. I love you so much Josh. Third...the new man of my life...what do you say? You can't say anything most of the time. You just observe....quietly....and in those moments you realize what God must feel about you. You realize that you have been given a privilege in life that some people for whatever horrible reason don't get to experience. You realize in those moments that creating a child and being his parent is so far beyond what you can take credit for. I just got off the phone with the special care nursery, and Henri had a great night. He has tolerated advancing his feeds, and has actually taken the last three feeds mostly by mouth. He is still under the bili lights (picture to come soon) and working on his growing. Occupational therapy is working with him, and we are able to do kangaroo care at least once a day with him now, sometimes twice. Thank you to everyone for all your support and prayers, it's going to get all three of us through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment