Today was a BIG day, more for Mom and Dad than Henri. Not surprisingly, Henri took everything in stride. Henri started school today! Everyone in his room (the Beach Bears) welcomed us and knew him by name on the first day. We filled out the needed paperwork and I discussed with his teacher Rochelle how his day normally goes. We discussed his feedings, sleeping habits, and how he plays. By the time I unloaded all his things and filled his cubby with diapers, he was playing on the floor and smiling. As I was ready to leave, he was being fed by another teacher and didn't shed a single tear as I left. I was able to make it to the car before I had to shed a few tears myself. I made it 2.5 hours before calling the first time to check on him and he was doing fine. He had been outside playing at the water table and sand table and had taken an entire jar of food for breakfast! Henri's report card for the day when I arrived......A+. He was nice to the other kids, played hard, and napped well. He even did a paint project that I am anxious to see later in the week! All in all a great success. Now, let's see how day two goes. Enjoy Henri's first day of school pictures!

Momma sitting by waiting to see how Henri would do....he looked at me....looked at a toy, and off he crawled. See ya later momma.

Henri's first friend at school...the first toy he chose to play with.



Henri was genuinely all smiles even as I was leaving....made me feel a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment