Happy Anniversary to my Beloved. Josh and I are celebrating four years of marriage today!! If you ask most experts....we have beat the odds. The odds say two different people were not meant to sustain an intimate relationship in the same house for this period of time AND remain happy. Lucky for Josh and I we have had superhuman help. God has blessed our marriage and relationship with one another. Without a doubt we are more content now than we ever thought of being when we got married. We bucked the system too. We were married on a Sunday. Everyone asked why? I thought, because I can and it's more economically sound! We were married at 1700, not on the upswing. Everyone said "Oh, that isn't going to be good, you should always get married on the upswing." We were married on Josh's winter break during undergraduate school and he left three days later to live in Cleveland. Everyone said, "That will be really difficult for your relationship, no honeymoon." The fact is, we didn't take a honeymoon for two years, him moving to Cleveland was extraordinarily difficult, and who needs the upswing when you love each other like this? Certainly Josh and I realize that we have put in some really long difficult hours on our relationship, but we also know, this isn't a two party game. I'm so thankful for where Josh and I have come because it's an excellent indicator of where we will remain for the rest of our life! And a side note from me......one lifetime will never be enough for me to spend with the man I love this much.

This was our first outing together. We went to Coney Island in 07/01. We had been dating for two months. This is what I loooked like when Josh "knew he was going to marry me."

This is our engament photo. It was taken in September of 2002. We had already been engaged for a year and weren't married for another two!

And this is my groom on our wedding day. What a handsome man!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! And, oh yeah, where's the picture of the bride?
aj
Post a Comment