In the picture above the average person would see nothing out of the ordinary. It appears to be a happy 5 month old baby that is in need of a bath. He is of course sitting in his bumbo seat looking as if he is working on his head control. I'm not even sure what came over me to embark on this endeavor today instead of yesterday, or tomorrow, or next month? But here we are and Josh was in agreement, so it was to be. This beautiful baby ATE CEREAL FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY AND LOVED IT. There are not words for the relief I feel right now. I was so anxious and scared to even try it, and Graham immediately put me at ease. As he picked up on what was supposed to happen after a few attempts, I felt the burn behind my eyeballs. The type where you don't want to look like a fool in front of someone that you hold in high esteem. The type where you are straining every muscle in your body to hold back tears. Then a rational (a VERY rare rational) thought entered my head....let it flow....and I did. Tears of joy spilled down my face and I immediately knew, this was going to be a completely different journey for our family. And although I would NEVER trade ANYTHING about the journey with Henri, we sure are looking forward to watching Graham take off with food.
What a week...Henri graduated therapy and we feed Graham cereal for the first time. Viva la cereal!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment