So there was a bit of excitement in our hood today. I had a change of pace today and attended a conference downtown instead of doing patient care. It was very enjoyable and I learned several things. I learned that nurses in general need to take better care of themselves. I was reminded all over again why I do nursing above the diaphragm. Most importantly today, I learned that a desk job would kill me...I would die of butt paralysis. All that sitting is no joke, it made me crazy. Speaking of crazy things! You could definitely put this one in the papuh! In metro news, I car pooled to the conference with a good friend. She was bringing me home around 1730-1745. (side note....I am also grateful I have a job where I leave at the butt crack of dawn and come home well after dinner. I completely miss rush hour...it definitely keeps my stress level down!) On the main street leading to my house there were at least a dozen cop cars two blocks up and fire engines, as well as the news 5 helicopter overhead. There was an apparent high speed chase right before I arrived where the suspects crashed and then fled on foot. Crazy, lucky, or fate....Laura and I missed all the excitement by what looked like mere minutes. In other exciting regional news, Anna is doing amazing and took three unassisted steps for the first time on Tuesday. It's amazing, she is amazing! Carson is winning the pumpkin carving pole which is incredibly sad considering the boy doesn't have opposable thumbs. Any who, there are a few days left to vote. We will be selecting pumpkins soon! Happy voting. In other national news....Emma Jane is now extubated post PDA ligation and doing amazing. Her big sis is still extubated and at goal feeds!!! By the grace and healing touch of God, these two little miracles are gaining weight and continue to do well. Thanks for all your prayers for these little ones. Keep them coming. Nothing ends a good post like some pictues that just make you smile from the inside out. I do hope you enjoy. I should quickly note that both pictures are of Parker because on the day they were taken Emma was gearing up for extubation, and I did not want to distract her from the hard work she was doing. There will be new pics of her soon.
Parker getting really excited about the fact that the nurse is across the room preparing her dinner! The fact that "Aunt" Mel was visiting didn't make the smile hard to come either!
No comments:
Post a Comment